This tree has been in front of our house since I came here.People keep coming and asking for its leaves, bark and fruits.I decided to find out about its medicinal properties and here it is....
· Skin condition – Neem is considered as one of the best herb that is extremely beneficial in treating skin related problems. It is a herb that works as a powerful anti-microbial and anti bacterial agent that is very effective in treating any kind of infection that invades in the body. It helps in purifying blood. It is also responsible for increasing the circulation of the blood thereby supplying oxygen and nutrients to each and every part of the body. It is also effective in beautifying the skin and makes it soft and glowing.
· Teeth and gums – Since prehistoric times neem has been used extensively as an agent that is very helpful in treating mouth related problems. It is a powerful agent that is really very effective in treating problems like gonorrhea, tooth yellowing, bleeding gums, and smell from mouth and taste less ness. It is also helpful in reducing the infection in oral cavities and also avoids formation of dental caries in the tooth. It is also helpful in avoiding tastelessness condition of the tongue and is also helpful in treating mouth ulcers.
· Diabetes – Diabetes is one of the most common of all diseases that occurs in the body. Neem has potential to treat diabetes. Due to its bitter taste neem works best in reducing the glucose level in the boy. It is also responsible for stimulating the pancreas for secretion of insulin that is very essential protein in glucose metabolism.
· Infections – Neem is the best herbal supplement that has the power to suppress most of the infections that might creep in our body because of some reasons. Neem is loaded with anti-microbial properties that make it to suppress any microbial attack. It is also very helpful in fading away the condition of protozoal invasion. Its powerful antidotes are secreted to nullify the effect of toxins secreted by the microbes. It is also very effective in treating the skin related problems and is also applied locally as an antiseptic nature. It has certain properties that help in early healing of wounds.
· Urinary tract problems – Neem is commonly used in problems related to urinary tract. It helps in neutralizing any infectious condition in the urinary tract and also tones up the tract for proper functioning. Neem is also seen effective in preventing the calculi formation in the body. It also acts as diuretic agent therefore helps in flushing out of the toxins that gets accumulated in the body.(Source)