Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Don't Know WHY??????

These last few days, I'm deeply thinking why my brain is not working.I want to rekindle the passion for writing in myself.When I was in highschool and college, I 'm always a staff member in our school paper....either I was a writer or a section editor.As soon as our Chief Editor gave our assignments on what topic to write for the next publication, in less than an hour I can accomplished my assignment------ideas just start flooding in my brain.Now, I don't know why I'm having "brain drain"(Is this the right term?).Is it because I'm already 40?Is this the effect of my previous 3 major operations?Or maybe, for the last 10 years, I'm thinking only of what to cook,how to take care of children,the laundry and house cleaning, as what housewives usually do?Another thing is my "English".I'm not confident enough now about grammar and sentence composition, because I seldom speak english.Having spent 7 years in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and being able to learn Bahasa Melayu and staying for 6and a half years here in Pakistan , with my husband's family who only speaks Urdu and Punjabi.I'm only able to converse in English while talking to my husband on the phone, but that is also very seldom because phone calls to Dubai are quiet expensive and during our Yahoo Messenger Chats.I can't also talk to my sons in english because they will just look at me and laugh.Anyhow, I'm just hoping that the next few days, ideas will just keep flowing from my mind so I can always update my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I do have some "brain drain" sometimes maybe because of stress...he..he...actually brain drain is a term used for a large emigration of individuals with technical skills or knowledge, normally due to conflict, lack of opportunity, political instability, or health risks. You have lots of interesting news here. Hope you're always safe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments will be greatly appreciated..Thanks for dropping by.Have a nice day!